One of the most suited crus of Serralunga, our farm is the only one to commercialize it. From high vineyards the best grapes for a great traditional Barolo.
Grape variety 100% Nebbiolo
Production area Cerrati in Serralunga d’Alba, Additional greographic mentioning Cerrati, Ha 4
Height 260-395 m.a.s.l.
Exposure South, South-East
Age of the vines from 16 to 50 years old
Soil Chalky/clayey, shallow
Harvest period October
Yield per hectare 70 quintals/hectare of grapes
Plants per hectare 4.000
Growing system Guyot
Winemaking The freshly harvested grapes are destemmed, pressed and then left in small vats for 72 hours at a temperature of 10°C, for pre-fermentation steeping, in this way the characteristics of this vineyard are highlighted. This is followed by fermentation with gentle steeping at a temperature of 16°C. Drawing-off takes place when the product is fully dry, after an additional fermentation for 20-25 days on the skins. Then the malolactic bacteria transform the malic acid and the wine will be ready to be transferred for the ageing process.
Ageing The wine remains for 12 months in small barrels of French oak and after that, it completes its ageing process in traditional barrels for a further 12 months, until it reaches its peak of well-balanced savour. It is then transferred to bottles, where it matures for at least 6 months before being sold.
Tasting notes This Barolo, from the Cerrati cru vineyard, has an intense aroma that makes it an ideal meditation wine: the floral hints of eglantine are accompanied by a touch of mint and thyme, then the fruity elements of cherry and freshly pressed blackcurrants emerge, followed by overtones of undergrowth and mushroom.
Best served Between 16 and 18°C.
Perfect pairing A wine with an intense personality, ideal with flavoursome meat dishes and game in general, or with cooked curd cheeses.
Storage Keep the bottle horizontal, in a cool and ventilated room, protected from direct light and vibrations.
- Wine Enthusiast 94/100
- Guida Bibenda 4 grapes
- Concorso Internazionele Douja D’Or Oscar Douja D’Or
- Guida I Vini di Veronelli 92/100, excellent wine
- Vini d’Italia del Gambero Rosso 2 glasses
- Annuario Luca Maroni 87/100
- Guida Slow Wine a structured wine with a long finish on the palate
- Guida Bibenda 4 grapes
- Guida I Vini di Veronelli 93/100, super three stars
- Vini d’Italia del Gambero Rosso 2 red glasses
- Annuario Luca Maroni 85/100
- Vini d’Italia de l’Espresso 17/20 – 4 bottles
- Decanter Wine Awards Bronze Medal
- Guida Slow Wine a wine with full scents, pleasant and deep mouth feel